One of the important advantages of CURC membership is eligibility to obtain coverage in key benefit areas. Some union retirees have significant benefit coverage as a result of collective bargaining. However, large numbers of retirees have minimal or no coverage other than government provided benefits. The group benefits available through CURC provide a more economical approach than individually purchased benefits.
Click one of the links below to be taken to that section of the page:
Discounted group auto and home insurance
A significant benefit for CURC members and spouses. The rates are very competitive and are provided by Waterloo Insurance. The plan is brokered and administered by Insuranceland Inc.
Plan benefits include:
– Extremely competitive pricing on both home and auto insurance
– No interest or service fee payment plan options
– 24 hour a day claims service across North America
– Waiver of 1st “at fault” collision coverage
– Guaranteed Repairs to both your home and cars
For a quotation, all members except for Ontario please call 1-866-247-7700
Ontario members please call 1-800-243-9379 ext 2335.
(to properly compare your CURC member plan, please have your latest renewal policy on hand)
Life insurance and extended health care benefits
The Benefit Plan for union retirees has been designed specifically for members of CURC, the Congress of Union Retirees of Canada. This program has been arranged and is administered by Canadian Benefits Consulting Group, an independent administrative services company who has been providing services to organized labour for more than 30 years.
The benefit program includes life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment and final expense benefit, extended health care and emergency medical travel insurance. Each of these benefits may be purchased independently or in combination.
For more information on the benefits, and for application forms, please click on the links below:
- Life accidental death & dismemberment and final expense benefit
- Extended health care
- Emergency medical travel insurance
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (416) 488-7755 or 1-800-268-0285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Funeral costs – CURC members now eligible for special discount
CURC members and their families can now take advantage of a 10% discount on funeral services through a network of 1,800 funeral, cremation and cemetery providers in Canada and the United States.
The service is offered thanks to an agreement between CURC and the Dignity Memorial® network.
Arrangements can be made in advance or at the time of death. If you arrange your service in advance, you are guaranteed today’s price and you have the option of using a provider in different location should you move. This also applies to low-cost return-of-remains service if you spend time out of the country.
Free grief counselling is also available to family members for the year following a death.
There is no cost to use the service and no need to register. You may use the benefits in advance – to plan your own service or help a family member make their final arrangements — or at the time of need, such as an unexpected death.
- 10% savings on all funeral or cremation products and services (not available in all provinces).
- Transferability across Canada and the US on prearranged services at no additional charge at any Dignity Memorial provider.
- One year unlimited access to the 24-Hour Compassion Helpline®, a telephone grief support program staffed with trained counselors.
- Access to the Dignity Memorial Bereavement Travel Program. Travel experts will help your family and friends with their travel needs so they can attend the service.
A local Dignity Memorial provider can help you get started making arrangements for yourself or a loved one. You can get a Personal Planning Guide at a local Dignity Memorial location, or visit www.DignityPlanning.com.
To find a Dignity Memorial provider near you, call 1-888-615-2277 or visit www.DignityMemorial.com.